Campus is a little quiet these days during winter break. With the students gone, we’re keeping ourselves busy by compiling a list of things you may have loved about DePaul’s super-special, super-long winter break. What did we miss?
- Kicking off your winter break with Thanksgiving while your friends at other schools were just finishing midterms. Finals? In December? Not at DePaul!
- Bypassing some of Chicago’s roughest weather in the comfort of your own home. Lake-effect snow? Polar vortex? Yeah, no. We just stayed in bed.
- Home cooking and free laundry for six straight weeks. Shout out to mom and dad!
- Cranking out a class during December intercession. Full-day classes were totally worth the migraines, right?
- If you did stick around campus, you definitely got a seat on the Red Line for the first time all year.
- Starting to get homesick at the end of December for your DePaul family and friends, because even though the long winter break was AMAZING, DePaul will always feel like home.