Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
Campus is a little quiet these days during winter break. With the students gone, we’re keeping ourselves busy by compiling a list of things you may have loved about DePaul’s super-special, super-long winter break. What did we miss?
- Kicking off your winter break with Thanksgiving while your friends at other schools were just finishing midterms. Finals? In December? Not at DePaul!
- Bypassing some of Chicago’s roughest weather in the comfort of your own home. Lake-effect snow? Polar vortex? Yeah, no. We just stayed in bed.
- Home cooking and free laundry for six straight weeks. Shout out to mom and dad!
- Cranking out a class during December intercession. Full-day classes were totally worth the migraines, right?
- If you did stick around campus, you definitely got a seat on the Red Line for the first time all year.
- Starting to get homesick at the end of December for your DePaul family and friends, because even though the long winter break was AMAZING, DePaul will always feel like home.
- Making new friends and hanging out between classes.
- Using the UPass to get around the city.
- Rocking out to the FEST headliner.
- Free Public Safety escort rides to get across campus on frigid days.
- Soaking up the sunshine on the Quad, the 11th floor terrace and North Avenue Beach during spring quarter.
- Pulling all-nighters during finals week… just kidding, no one misses that!
- Being inspired by professors and classmates each quarter.
- Attending endless events around campus, from comedy shows to barbeques to Mass on the Grass.
- Being known by name at Kelly’s and Exchequer.
- Taking a seat on the Father Egan statue in front of the Lincoln Park Student Center, on the hills in front of SAC and on a bench in front of the DePaul Center.
- Scoring free food and T-shirts!
- Cheering for the Blue Demons at athletic events.
- Savoring every minute of the six-week winter break.
- Gaining your freshman 15 from Sweet Mandy B’s cupcakes.
- Exploring Chicago with lifelong friends.
Honor your memories and help ensure that current and future students have these same experiences by supporting All for DePaul! Your participation will bring us one step closer to our goal of 9,000 alumni donors before June 30. Make a gift of any size to be counted today—we’re only 7 percent away from successful completion of this challenge!
P.S. Still feeling nostalgic? Reminisce more about your college years by reading “You know you went to DePaul if…”
1. To help out today’s students, aka tomorrow’s alumni.
Today’s students are not so different from you. Like you, they have hopes and dreams for the future. But more than two-thirds of DePaul students need financial support to achieve those dreams. Your gift, combined with gifts from your fellow alumni, can go a long way toward alleviating students’ financial burdens.
2. To enhance the value of your degree.
Publications such as U.S. News & World Report look at alumni giving data when they rank universities. High rates of alumni giving can make a favorable impact on DePaul’s ranking, enhancing the value of your degree.
3. To uphold the Vincentian way.
DePaul was founded on a mission of serving the underserved. When you participate in All for DePaul, you share in the university’s long tradition of giving back.
4. To show your DePaul pride.
Participation in All for DePaul affirms your commitment to DePaul’s educational excellence and shows the world that you’re proud to be a Blue Demon.
5. To make an impact.
Imagine the collective impact that is possible when 9,000 alumni join together in their support of DePaul. All for DePaul is a chance for alumni to make a difference. Your support will bring us one step closer to achieving 9,000 alumni donors this academic year. Participate today!